Megan is the perfect everyday purse. It’s large enough to carry all your essential things but it’s not bulky, like a tote. Lots of details make Megan special, including an interior zippered pocket that divides the inside into two separate areas and keeps your most important belongings safe. It also has a separate interior pocket which is perfect for holding your keys and cell phone for quick reach.
Have fun embellishing the front flap with designer ribbons and trims. Add cute rings or grommets and even turn it into a funky messenger bag with an adjustable strap following our easy instructions.
SUGGESTED FABRICS: quilting weight cottons, shirting, denim, corduroy, linen & twill, 44”/45”or 60” wide. We used fabrics from Patty Young’s collections, Flora & Fauna and Grand Bazaar and embellished our purses with Patty’s Jacquard Ribbons.
FABRIC REQUIREMENTS: (based on 44”/45” wide fabrics)
To make your Megan purse like our sample piece, using four different designer fabrics, you will need:
• Fabric #1 (outer purse body): 1/3 yard
• Fabric #2 (purse flap): 1/3 yard (or a 12” x 12” scrap)
• Fabric #3 (entire purse lining including interior pockets): 3/4 yard
• Fabric #4 (purse strap and ring loops): 1/6 linear yard (or 6” of fabric)
If making your entire purse (including the lining) out of one fabric design you’ll need 1 3/4 yards total.
• Fusible heavy-weight interfacing, like Pellon’s Decor Bond at 44” wide: 1 yard
OR fusible woven interfacing, like Pellon’s SF101 Shape Flex at 22” wide: 2 1/4 yards
• Fleece, 44” wide: 1/2 yard
• 1 yard of ready-made piping (or make your own with cording and fabric)
• 1 piece of plastic canvas 4” x 12” for purse bottom reinforcement
• 1 non-separating zipper, 12” long, for interior pocket
• 1 magnetic purse snap
• 2 purse rings of any shape 1.5” - 2” wide (large grommets work too!)
• OPTIONAL: 4 metallic purse feet/studs
• OPTIONAL: 1 3/4”-wide tri-glide to make an adjustable strap
• Coordinating thread
All MODKID sewing patterns are for personal use or sale of handmade product ONLY in small quantities by at-home businesses. Manufacturing of ready-to-wear products made from our original designs for commercial use is strictly prohibited. No part of this pattern may be reproduced in print or electronically.